< Back to Index
Sales Opener / Rebuttal Notes
January 25, 2018 by David Shifflet -
NO -> MAYBE -> YES
NEGOTIATIONS ARE CONTROLLED BY THE PERSON ASKING QUESTIONS AND GETTING ANSWERS!
STAY POSITIVE AND ENTHUSIASTIC!
- I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S FOR YOU BUT, ...
- OPEN-MINDED.... How open-minded would you be to...? Would you be open-minded in giving this a chance?
- WHAT DO YOU KNOW? What do you know about...? (For Expert Customers... Goal: have the person realize their opinion may not be correct and are open to change.)
- HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF...? (Have the customer visualize using the product.)
- JUST IMAGINE (Have the customer visualize using the product.)
- WHEN WOULD BE A GOOD TIME? (Get the customer to focus and look at the product. Get their attention.)
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT? (After a demo lead with this first. NOT: "What is wrong?" nor "Is it ok?")
- I'M GUESSING YOU HAVEN'T GOT AROUND TO... (cut off excuses on follow up calls)
- SIMPLE SWAPS (Turn an open question into a closed one) "Does anyone have questions?" to "Do you have any questions for me?"
- YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS (The last one should be the preferred one, our product!)
- TWO TYPES OF PEOPLE. (Simple decisions 1 or 2)
- I BET YOU'RE A BIT LIKE ME... (Identify with the customer and make them more receptive.)
- IF... THEN
- DON'T WORRY (reduce anxiety)
- MOST PEOPLE... (Most people are most people!)
- THE GOOD NEWS (spin a negative) also "That's great". "We bought a Hyundai loader and the hydraulics would blow out constantly. That's great now you know why the improvements in our front end loaders makes them so much more reliable."
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT (closing, if they are receptive to close lead in to what happens next to close it.)
- WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT? (Counter negativity)
- BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR MIND UP (move them to maybe)
- IF I CAN X, WILL YOU Y? (not a commitment but you can identify what needs to happen to close.)
- ENOUGH (Able to upsell) (Would 5 Accounting licenses be enough?)
- JUST ONE MORE THING (A lead into a downsell)
- A FAVOR (response for Thank you) "Thanks!" "No problem. Can I ask you for a small favor in two weeks can you call me back and let me know what you think about the product?"
- JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY (response to "Give me time to think about it." aka customer wants to procrastinate.) "Just out of curiousity what did you like about our iPhone enabled napkin dispenser today?"
- I KNOW.. (Not I think...)
BECOME A CATALYST TO HELP PEOPLE MAKE DECISIONS.
THE DECISIONS A CUSTOMER HAS TO MAKE SHOULD BE SIMPLE.
SELL OUTCOMES, OWN THE OUTCOME!
YOU AREN'T SELLING THE PRODUCT! YOU ARE SELLING YOU!
I made this into a PDF so you can print it out and put it on your wall!!!
Exactly What To Say
32 Sales Objections Easily Countered
Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life